WACMaC 2021 West African Capital Market Conference 2021
About the Event
The West Africa Securities Regulators Association (WASRA) was established in 2015, as an association of capital market regulatory institutions comprising of Nigeria, Ghana and Conseil Regional de L’Epargne Publique et des Marches Financiers (CREPMF) made up of: Mauritania, Senegal, Mali, Guinea Bissau, Cote d’Ivoire, Togo, Burkina Faso, Benin Republic and Niger, to foster market integration in the West African sub-region. WASRA has a mandate of facilitating cooperation and consultation among Capital Markets in the West African region.
As a flagship programme of WASRA, the West Africa Capital Market Conference (WACMaC) is a biennial event that seeks to present the West African region and indeed Africa as a whole the opportunity to address important issues related to the orderly growth and development of the regional and continental capital markets.
Organizing members of WACMaC are WASRA, Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), West African Capital Markets Integration Council (WACMIC), and West Africa Monitoring Institute (WAMI).
The WACMaC objectives are, among others to:
- promote the economic integration through the capital market in West Africa;
- bring innovative solutions to reduce the gap between capital markets and the financial needs of the economy in the region;
- increase awareness and capacity building around the benefits of regional integration for each stakeholder;
- identify key actions for capital markets’ stakeholders to sustain economic growth; and
- address critical issues related to project financing sustainability and cross border issuers and market operators.
The conference brings together relevant stakeholders and experts to among other things, share experiences, deliberate on best practices, and connect with industry players. Specifically, the conference will be patronized by Government officials, ECOWAS representatives, Regulators, Central Banks, Supranational, Capital Market Operators, Banks, Insurance Companies, Sovereign Funds, Regional Institutional Investors, Local Market Participants and Professionals, Regional Listed Companies, Eminent Researchers and Professors, IOSCO/AMERC/GEMC, EASRA/ESMA/UASA, AfDB, MFW4A, WAMI, AFMI, Credit Enhancers (Guarantors), Credit Rating Agencies, General Public, etc.
The conference this year is under the theme “Deepening and strengthening capital markets across West Africa through effective regulation”. To prudently discuss the theme, specific thematic areas that will be addressed include Access to Finance; Sustainable Finance; Enforcement, Cooperation and Investor Protection; Investor Education; and Innovative Finance and Technology.
WACMaC 2021 Event Details:
This year’s WACMaC is a paid event, and it is being organized in two forms as shown below:
- Closed Workshop: 23rd May 2022 from 9:00AM to 4:00PM
- Conference (open to the public): 24th May 2022 from 9:00AM to 4:00PM
- Awards Dinner (open to the public): 24th May 2022 from 5:30PM to 10:00PM
- Venue: Movenpick Ambassador Hotel (ballrooms 1 & 2), Accra Ghana
Information and registration link for the conference can be found at https://wacmac21.sec.gov.gh/